Italians usually eat with a chunk of bread in one hand and a fork in the other. What happens when you can’t eat bread? You find a way.
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed, sifted
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp. coconut milk – the solidified part of the canned milk
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (1 tbsp. in the mix, 1 tbsp. ontop)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh rosemary, garlic, olives, roasted garlic; coarsely chopped
- Dried basil, dried oregano
Combine wet ingredients (eggs, coconut milk, 1 tbsp. olive oil) in one bowl. Make sure the eggs are whisked well so it’s light and fluffy. Then sift all dry ingredients (flax, coconut flour, baking soda) in a separate goal. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Add 1 tsp sea salt to the mix. Do not add herbs, olives, or sun-dried tomatoes yet.
Grease an 8×8 baking pan liberally with olive oil. Press the soft dough-like batter flat into the greased pan. Next chop the olives, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary and add them to the top of the bread. Lightly press the hard ingredients into the top of the dough. Brush on olive oil (I used garlic infused olive oil). Sprinkle sea salt and the other dried ingredients (oregano, basil) on top.
Bake in oven at 375 for 25 minutes. Slice into squares and serve.
- Humor Cures Colitis
- Rotisserie Chicken Cucumber Roll-ups