Here are the questions from Kristina:
1. Where do you draw inspiration from?
My inspiration comes from anyone who possess admirable qualities that I do not have. I can be inspired by a complete stranger or one of my best friends. I admire those who make decisions and/or act in ways I would have thought twice about, but still live happy lives. Basically, I learn a lot from people who are very different from me.
2. What is your favorite vacation spot?
3. Food you will never, ever try?
Any food that could possibly kill me. As much as I am a foodie I wouldn’t risk my life to experience a few minutes of chewing. Oh, and balut. Ew.
4. Food that you haven’t tried, but are totally desperate to try?
5. Most memorable “foodie” moment/ most memorable meal?
My most memorable “foodie” moment was when I ate a fried waterbug in college to help a friend win an iPod. This is the first time I’m admitting it, but it was really tasty.
6. Have you climbed/hiked a mountain? Where?
I have hiked those little ones around Connecticut, but nothing where I’ll have a hard time breathing. Maybe some day. Oh, and the Blue Mountains in Australia… but nothing crazy.
7. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
This is probably cliche and expected, but I am most proud of my blog. It represents how I have handled my Ulcerative Colitis diagnosis. Not only have I managed to take my health to a whole new level but I have turned my diagnosis into (hopefully) and inspiring message. It really has paved the way for doing better things and servicing others. I’ve volunteered and given my time/money/support/heart to more things this year than I ever have before. And I can’t remember the last time I felt this fulfilled.
8. A goal of yours that makes you shake in your boots, just a little?
Okay this is personal, but I talk about pooping my pants on my blog so I guess it’s not that personal; I am absolutely terrified of getting married and ‘settling down’. A goal of mine is to have a family one day. But the steps to get there definitely have me shaking in my boots.
Like that paleo humor? 😉
9. Place you would move to if given the ideal opportunity?
I haven’t traveled to enough places with the mindset of actually living there. However, if my family weren’t so far away I would live in Sydney, Australia in a HEARTBEAT.
10. Celebrity that makes you cringe?
There are too many. It would have to be Rihanna.