Get ready for a crispy crunchy addiction. If you watch the short YouTube video I made you’ll hear the crunch at the end. Click here for the video or see below. These are more addicting than any potato chip I’ve ever eaten. These kale chips are non-paleo people approved!
Have you seen advertisements for Kale in your neighborhood? A few years ago I noticed a billboard off the highway advertising kale. There was a big push to consumers for this nutrient and vitamin dense green. For good reason! Kale is high in vitamin K, helpful for bone and blood health, as well as iron, calcium, and more. Kale even has more vitamin C than spinach. Take that, Popeye!
You’ll notice the oven temp for this recipe is rather low. This is because you are not trying to actually cook the kale, rather, just dehydrate it.
- 1 large bunch kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2-1 tsp spices (suggested blend: onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, mustard powder, ground pepper, paprika. Omit paprika/pepper/mustard for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Separate the stem from the leaves. Discard the stem.
- Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces for snacking.
- Spread leaves evenly on baking sheets. Coat lightly with olive oil. Too much oil can make the chips greasy and they may not stay as crispy the next day.
- Sprinkle with salt and spices.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until crisp.
- MANGIA! Store in bag on counter…if they even last longer than a day without being eaten! 😉
See full YouTube instructions by yours truly here
- Why I Love My Disease
- Paleo Pizzagaina (Italian Easter Pie)