Pizza for breakfast? Noodles for breakfast? What am I doing!? I’m tantalizing your Italian taste buds, that’s what. The flavors in this egg based breakfast are very reminiscent of pizza flavor with that deep oregano and bright basil.
My favorite part is the zoodles. Zoodles are noodles made out of zucchini. How do you make zoodles? Easy! I use a hand spiralizer that requires almost no effort or mess and doesn’t take up a lot of space in your kitchen. Here’s a YouTube video of me using the spiralizer for cucumber noodles.
- 1 large cup zoodles
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, sliced to strips
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Coat a non-stick saucepan with the olive oil. Add chopped garlic clove to the pan on medium-low heat. Sweat the garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop all herbs and add to egg mixture. Set aside.
- Next, add zoodles and sun-dried tomatoes to the garlic in the pan. Stir gently and then immediately add the whisked eggs.
- Cover until egg is cooked, about 5 minutes on medium to medium low heat.Try not to lift the cover too much to check it because you’ll let the heat out and the top will not cook evenly with the bottom.
- Cut into triangles (like a pizza!) and sprinkle with chopped basil, oregano, and a sprinkle of olive oil.
- Orange Honey BBQ Pork Butt
- Slow Cooker Paleo Chicken Soup