Today I’m giving you a sneak peak at what I really eat! The recipes you see on the blog are something special when I dedicate time to a new blog post. It’s all for you! On a typical day I usually don’t even have time to cook. If I’ve forgotten to meal prep or simply haven’t had time I usually resort to a no-cook paleo option. This lettuce wrap is a perfect example of an on-the-go lunch for a busy schedule. You don’t even need utensils to eat it! Now that’s convenient. Everyone is busy. Sometimes too busy to cook a proper paleo meal. Everyone has days where it is almost impossible to find time to cook. You’re hungry NOW, darn it. Mangia Paleo to the rescue. This quick lunch is a great no cook paleo option when you’re in a rush. You can add any veggies you want, but this is my go-to.
And of course, like most of my recipes, it only needs 10 very common ingredients. Bing bam BOOM.
- 3-4 leaves butter lettuce
- 4 oz can chicken or wild tuna
- 1 ripe avocado
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp mustard (omit for AIP)
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Parsley flakes
- 2 strips bacon, cooked
I have no idea why you would ever have LEFTOVER bacon, but if you do it adds the perfect salty crunch. Other great crunchy options are cucumber or carrots.
- Cut the avocado and mash it in a bowl with the canned tuna or chicken.
- Season with onion powder, garlic powder, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and parsley flakes.
- Rip off lettuce leaves and add a heaping spoon of avocado mixture in each leaf. Cut bacon to desired sizes and add that to the leaf as well.
- Pick it up with your hands and MANGIA!
- Paleo Stracciatella (Italian Egg Drop Soup)
- Soffritto: Traditional Italian Flavor Base