Try this combination of crispy and refreshing flavors! If you’ve got a sweet tooth this will do the trick. The apple is sweet, the pomegranate seeds give a pop of tartness, and the fennel soothes the flavor out with its licorice taste.
- 2 Apples
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil, or your favorite oil (that is liquid at room temperature, ie – not coconut oil)
- juice from 1 lime or 2 tbsp orange juice
- dash of black pepper (optional)
Core the apples. Leave the peel on if you’re looking for extra fiber. Otherwise, peel the apple as well. Cut the green top off the fennel. Shave the fennel and apple into similar size slices. Add pomegranate seeds. Toss with oil and lime/orange juice.
Check out this older post for directions on how to get the pom seeds out easily.
This recipe is a great side to salmon or other fish meal.
- Chocolate Covered Blood Oranges
- Honey Almond Salmon with Roasted Fennel