Valentine’s day is around the corner. Men, heed this: Chocolate. But don’t just give us any chocolate. Make it count!
Blood oranges have a mellow tartness to them AND they are a deep red. So romantic for Vday. Can it get any better?
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (NOT PALEO). These contain cane sugar. However, they do not contain soy like most dark chocolate. So it’s a great alternative semi-paleo cheat if you don’t feel like sweetening your own chocolate.
- 3 blood oranges, peeled into sections
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- orange zest
If you do not use Enjoy Life chips you can sweeten baker’s chocolate:
- 3 wedges baker’s chocolate
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup or your favorite paleo sweetener
Melt chocolate. Stir in coconut oil and add orange zest to taste. Add sweetener if you are using baker’s chocolate. You can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate or you can use a microwave (like real cavemen would have used) but keep an eye on it!
Dip the orange wedge halfway in the chocolate. Place on a flat baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with shaved or shredded coconut for a fun texture and extra flavor. Let cool in fridge (or quickly in the freezer) until the chocolate hardens.
If you have leftover chocolate you can spread it out on parchment paper and add fun flavors like chili powder and sea salt.
- Frozen Chocolate Banana
- Apple, Fennel, Pomegranate Salad