When things get hot the best way to refresh is with some frozen treats! Here’s another chocolate dipped delight! Frozen bananas have the consistency of a harder ice cream so this is a perfect summer treat too.
I took a bite of this before I took a photo. Sorry! I couldn’t resist!
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips (NOT PALEO). These contain cane sugar. However, they do not contain soy or dairy like most chocolate. So it’s a great alternative semi-paleo cheat if you don’t feel like sweetening your own chocolate.
- 2 ripe bananas, cut in half
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 4 popsicle sticks or skewers
If you do not use Enjoy Life chips you can sweeten baker’s chocolate:
- 3 wedges baker’s chocolate
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup or your favorite paleo sweetener
Melt chocolate and coconut oil using a double boiler or microwave. Peel and cut a banana in half. Insert a popsicle stick or skewer at the flat base of the banana half. Dip the banana in chocolate and place on parchment paper. Rest it in the freezer for an hour or until hard.
This makes 4 frozen bananas treats.
- Bacon Roses
- Chocolate Covered Blood Oranges